Your SEO optimized title
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bullpup Mad. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Finally got myself a pup
Topic Started: Tuesday Apr 10 2018, 04:01 PM (229 Views)
Tim_B
So after wanting a pup for ages and not doing anything about it, then chance came up to get hold of a Wildcat. Since shouldering Terry's it was in the running alongside the Vulcan.

I've been told its set at 10.8, likes either JSB's or Bisley Mags and it has the airfective baffles in. It does seem quite noisy on firing, although it does have the adapter where I can add a swift stumpy or similar.

Next step for me is to change the right hand cheek piece to an airfective lefty cheek piece (already ordered) and run it over the chrono and generally get to know it.

I do want to take the shroud off to see the baffles - any tips for not turning the barrel at the same time?

Thanks
Tim B
Member Avatar
P12
[ * ]
Quote Post Goto Top Online Profile
terry1001
good move Tim. I would think that the shroud may have already been removed to fit the baffles so it should come off easily enough. If it is tight you will probably need to apply heat to the threaded section at the breech end to break the threadlock bond. Good luck!
Member Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Tim_B
Thanks Terry - is it worth holding the barrel with mole grips (protected) or something similar to stop it rotating? I hear thats a common problem when removing the shroud?

I did give it a bit of a twist and could feel the barrel start to move....so as you say, next step will be to apply heat to break any loctite etc. Don't want to bugger it up before I get to play with it :-)

Thanks
Tim B
Member Avatar
P12
[ * ]
terry1001
I'd try heat on its own first, you should find better advice on youtube and I did see a video the other day where heat was applied using a small gas blowtorch which made me a bit nervous. That could damage anodising very quickly so I would use a hot air gun or hot air soldering gun if I were going to do it. The shroud unscrewed very easily but it may have been removed previously - you can't trust all the videos!
Member Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
Tim_B
Thanks Terry - yes the videos I have watched so far used bare flames - both o nthe shroud and on the anti tamper at the back. I'll dig out my heat gun and try that first....

thanks
Tim B
Member Avatar
P12
[ * ]
The Robin
Was this Jiggys wildcat you have?

The eagle eye mod adapter makes it noisier than the standard fx end shroud cap. This is because there not cal deadictated. Fitting a nice little mod really does quieten it down a lot though or even refitting the standard end shroud is good enough
Member Avatar
.20 rapid sniper
[ *  * ]
Tim_B
Hi TR, yes it was - I did a swap with him - thanks for the advice on the original end cap. Anything I should be aware of?

I'll try it with a swift stumpy - they are usually pretty good on shorter rifles and then I'll give it a go with the original end cap and then decide which one I like best.

I was hoping that with the airfective baffles that it would be pretty quiet, but it just sounds too noisy.....so either of the above options should be good I think.

Thanks
Tim B
Edited by Tim_B, Friday Apr 13 2018, 08:40 AM.
Member Avatar
P12
[ * ]
The Robin
Hi Tim

Yes I thought it was Jiggys.

The standard end cap is better than the eagle eye but fitting a mod to the eagle eye is better than standard end cap.

JSB exact 4.52 should run through it really well, when fitting the mag rotate it clock wise until you hear or feel a click then close the cocking lever, safety only works when gun is cocked so don't force the safety lever. Learn to count to 8 too lol and enjoy. I think that covers it all.
Member Avatar
.20 rapid sniper
[ *  * ]
Tim_B
Thanks TR - looking forward to giving it a whirl. It will be interesting to see which is quieter - although that's not always the one you end up with, right? That happened on my MFR's - went for looks and a slight increase in noise.

Jiggy said that JSB's were good in it, as are Bis Mags - if its a good as my HW then I will be very happy.

Just waiting for the lefty cheek piece to arrive.....
Thanks again
Tim B
Member Avatar
P12
[ * ]
Tim_B
Had a quick play with it today - fairly consistent with JSB's but better with the heavier Bisley mags. Low 11's which is fine.

Went to fill her up and the o rings on the probe went pop, so will get some on order - then I can do an accuracy test.

Thanks
Tim B
Member Avatar
P12
[ * ]
The Robin
Nice one Tim, glad your having fun with it and it's running spot on. Easy fix with probe o rings too
Member Avatar
.20 rapid sniper
[ *  * ]
Tim_B
Forgot to say that I'll probably go with the swift stumpy on the adapter as it's very quiet.....to me it's noisy with either of the end caps only. I'll just have to sacrifice a bit of length.
Member Avatar
P12
[ * ]
2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bullpups · Next Topic »
Add Reply

A Blood Red World theme created by Canimia from Zathyus Networks Resources