Your SEO optimized title
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bullpup Mad. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Next wave of bullpups
Topic Started: Sunday Apr 29 2018, 08:28 PM (726 Views)
jimbouk
Looking at the latest from the shot show and reports of new arrivals from many manufacturers and looks like lots of improvements to existing models.

Anyone any ideas on what’s going to be the next big thing? Liking the look of the latest Vulcan. Is the edgun r5m coming here? Then there’s the Artemis and also the Kozak.

I’m going to have to get to a shooting show and have a play....what do you guys think?
No Avatar
P12
[ * ]
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
badgerginger
i like the new edguns, I have an r5m and its shorter cousin the lelya 2.0 on their way, looking forward to trying the new lelya, having had the 1st single shot model also with its forward cocking position and magazine loading, it could be the replacement for the colibri I once had, atb tim. No Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
jimbouk
badgerginger
Sunday Apr 29 2018, 09:50 PM
i like the new edguns, I have an r5m and its shorter cousin the lelya 2.0 on their way, looking forward to trying the new lelya, having had the 1st single shot model also with its forward cocking position and magazine loading, it could be the replacement for the colibri I once had, atb tim.
Nice one, where have you ordered them from?
No Avatar
P12
[ * ]
badgerginger
hi mate, they are coming from Ari at dase.fi , I have bought edguns and atamans from him in the past, great guy to deal with, atb tim. No Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
jimbouk
badgerginger
Monday Apr 30 2018, 06:25 AM
hi mate, they are coming from Ari at dase.fi , I have bought edguns and atamans from him in the past, great guy to deal with, atb tim.
Cheers, have emailed them,
let’s see what the delivery time is like....
No Avatar
P12
[ * ]
badgerginger
if its in stock, usually 5 days, if not you will have have to wait for the next shipment which could be up to 12 weeks dependendant on edgun or ataman having the stock, atb tim. No Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
grumpyoldman
the new Edgun look ace as doe the Ataman i posted a video of
the kalibregun is a bit of a let down square shroud and built in bipod ???????????
Member Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
mikey g
jimbouk
Monday Apr 30 2018, 07:15 AM
badgerginger
Monday Apr 30 2018, 06:25 AM
hi mate, they are coming from Ari at dase.fi , I have bought edguns and atamans from him in the past, great guy to deal with, atb tim.
Cheers, have emailed them,
let’s see what the delivery time is like....
Ari is sound to deal with

Mikey
Member Avatar
Call me Lionel the Special one
[ *  *  * ]
Quote Post Goto Top Online Profile
I.Vanders
Verry nice guy indeed
Member Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
jimbouk
Cheers lads, orders in, the wait is on 👍 No Avatar
P12
[ * ]
mikey g
I.Vanders
Tuesday May 1 2018, 11:11 AM
Verry nice guy indeed
:)

Mikey
Member Avatar
Call me Lionel the Special one
[ *  *  * ]
Quote Post Goto Top Online Profile
badgerginger
Posted Image my new pups arrived today, only posted on Monday, not bad- 4 days from finland, thanks for the great service Ari. No Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
jimbouk
Got to be happy with that, good service👍 Looking forward to a review Tim enjoy them mate :) No Avatar
P12
[ * ]
grumpyoldman
badgerginger
Thursday May 3 2018, 08:44 PM
Posted Image my new pups arrived today, only posted on Monday, not bad- 4 days from finland, thanks for the great service Ari.
Cant decide which one i want i will just get both :O ;)
i am envious :blink:
Member Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
Ratcatcher
badgerginger
Thursday May 3 2018, 08:44 PM
Posted Image my new pups arrived today, only posted on Monday, not bad- 4 days from finland, thanks for the great service Ari.
hi, great looking guns - i be interesed what are your initial impressions so far? how is that side-cocking - how does it compare with the colibri, vulcan, fx side levers?
No Avatar
P12
[ * ]
badgerginger
i managed to get some range time in with both guns, I fitted a compact 3-12 x32 connect onto the lelya and it suits it nicely, I put a ffp sidewinder on the matador along with my tier one bipod, a bit oversize but ok shooting off the bench. I initially zeroed the lelya at 25 yds in my garden to get a feel for it and it produced a ragged one hole group, once at the range I tried the knockdown targets and spinners at 25 m and it connected with the 10mm spinners everytime. Then using holdover points, I was able to take out targets of 25 to 40mm easily at up to 60m range. The matador I zeroed at 50m range and this produced a sub 1inch group out of the box, so performance wise they are very similar and once bedded in I expect better groups. Cocking is very good with either hand, the bolt handle is a sort of shuttle by that I mean it pivots back when cocking and forwards when closing the bolt. Bolt action runs on bearings which can be noisey when cocked fast but very quiet when done deliberately slowly feeling the way. Both guns are louder than expected considering the size of the silencer with a metallic ding on firing, but the silencer does back vent so the sound is possibly much quieter down range. All in all they are very well made, in a similar finish to the r3m. One thing that I did notice, not sure if it is unique to mine, is that my lelya has matador on the block! looking forwards to the .177 calibre versions as that is my preferred calibre, so one will go to be replaced by the smaller bore version. Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image No Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
Ratcatcher
really liking your lelya - the connect scope suits it really well! No Avatar
P12
[ * ]
whitto101
badgerginger
Sunday May 13 2018, 03:09 PM
i managed to get some range time in with both guns, I fitted a compact 3-12 x32 connect onto the lelya and it suits it nicely, I put a ffp sidewinder on the matador along with my tier one bipod, a bit oversize but ok shooting off the bench. I initially zeroed the lelya at 25 yds in my garden to get a feel for it and it produced a ragged one hole group, once at the range I tried the knockdown targets and spinners at 25 m and it connected with the 10mm spinners everytime. Then using holdover points, I was able to take out targets of 25 to 40mm easily at up to 60m range. The matador I zeroed at 50m range and this produced a sub 1inch group out of the box, so performance wise they are very similar and once bedded in I expect better groups. Cocking is very good with either hand, the bolt handle is a sort of shuttle by that I mean it pivots back when cocking and forwards when closing the bolt. Bolt action runs on bearings which can be noisey when cocked fast but very quiet when done deliberately slowly feeling the way. Both guns are louder than expected considering the size of the silencer with a metallic ding on firing, but the silencer does back vent so the sound is possibly much quieter down range. All in all they are very well made, in a similar finish to the r3m. One thing that I did notice, not sure if it is unique to mine, is that my lelya has matador on the block! looking forwards to the .177 calibre versions as that is my preferred calibre, so one will go to be replaced by the smaller bore version. Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Mine has Matador printed on it also....
Member Avatar
P12
[ * ]
badgerginger
nice one, mind you the action is the same on both guns with the difference being barrel/cylinder length and the stock shape. unlike the previous versions which were completely different actions. How are you finding yours? one thing I have found is the guns prefer the plastic mags supplied, over the original alloy ones, have you tried any? enjoy it, atb tim. No Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
grumpyoldman
Is there any difference in accuracy between the two ?
may hae to push the boat out !!!
Member Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
whitto101
badgerginger
Sunday May 13 2018, 11:19 PM
nice one, mind you the action is the same on both guns with the difference being barrel/cylinder length and the stock shape. unlike the previous versions which were completely different actions. How are you finding yours? one thing I have found is the guns prefer the plastic mags supplied, over the original alloy ones, have you tried any? enjoy it, atb tim.
I'm loving mine. Though I am a little bit disappointed in how loud the cocking action is, even when done slow, and the noise when fired especially from the ear close to the action... I don't just think it is the rear-venting holes from the moderator I think it is the action.
Out of the box she was putting pellet on pellet at 30 yards easy... all day long. Beautiful Edgun as always... Though I'm not really liking the new ";electronic gauge"; but I will carry on and try and get used to it.

All in all only had about 300 pellets through it over the weekend... I'll see what she is like out and about at the farm.
Member Avatar
P12
[ * ]
Anothermiss
Now they do look compact!! I'm assuming edgun are pricey though... Don't actually know much about them. No Avatar

grumpyoldman
Anothermiss
Tuesday May 15 2018, 05:47 PM
Now they do look compact!! I'm assuming edgun are pricey though... Don't actually know much about them.
Around £1200 /1300 not mad money but not cheap
Member Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
Anothermiss
That's bloody expensive! The price of airguns is out of control if you ask me! No Avatar

grumpyoldman
Anothermiss
Wednesday May 16 2018, 06:52 AM
That's bloody expensive! The price of airguns is out of control if you ask me!
Relative i think i bought my DS air ranger 5 years ago and so far its cost me a pack of O rings for the enjoyment iv had it owes me nowt . With a small company like Edgun i figure its about right with RD materials and labour
but hey i got no wife and kids so i got a few spare pennies ;)
Member Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
jimbouk
I really like edgun and kalibrgun and the way they do things. Very solid engineering, bit utilitarian in parts especially the woodwork. Remind me of the rapids in a way. My two favourite current brands.
Edited by jimbouk, Wednesday May 16 2018, 06:52 PM.
No Avatar
P12
[ * ]
jimbouk
Posted Image No Avatar
P12
[ * ]
badgerginger
nice mini carbine, i had one, I think they are more comfortable than the cricket bullpup, thanks to having the semi bullpup stock with the adjustable cheekpiece. I have to agree with you on the build quality of the edgun and kalibrguns and would add the Vulcan to that list as well. No Avatar
Cricket
[ *  * ]
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bullpups · Next Topic »
Add Reply

A Blood Red World theme created by Canimia from Zathyus Networks Resources